12th International Journal of Clinical Legal Education Conference
Palacký University, Olomouc, the Czech Republic
15 – 17 July 2014
Clinic without Borders
Optional Additional Day 18 July 2014
Prague, the Czech Republic
In Association with the 2nd European Network of Clinical Legal Education Conference
Euro-Clinic - Is there a distinctive identity for European Clinical Legal Education?
The clinical legal education movement continues to push the boundaries. This conference will provide an opportunity for us to explore these new frontiers.
This year’s particular conference themes:
- Clinic within the wider law curriculum
- Multi-disciplinary clinics
- Virtual clinics
- The growth of clinic in Europe
- Growing clinic around the globe
- Clinics across borders – students working together around the globe
- Meeting of the UK Clinical Legal Education Organisation
Papers are also welcome in relation to standing conference themes:
- Clinical scholarship
- Reporting research findings (final or interim)
- Assessment/grading of clinical legal education – in particular: how do rubrics and other techniques help in the grading/evaluation process?
- Evidencing best practice
- New clinics and new clinicians
- Review of clinic operations
- Student and faculty attitudes to clinical learning
The International Journal of Clinical Legal Education at Northumbria University is proud to announce its 12th annual international legal education conference in conjunction with the European Network of Clinical Legal Education. Previous conferences have been held in London (2003), Edinburgh (2004), Melbourne (2005), London (2006), Johannesburg (2007), Cork (2008), Perth/Fremantle (2009), Newcastle upon Tyne (2010), Valencia (2011), Durham (2012) and Brisbane (2013). These conferences serve as a unique forum in which clinical educators from many jurisdictions come together to discuss all aspects of clinical teaching and learning, to learn from one another and to share best practice.
The deadline for submitting papers has been extended to 16th May 2014.